[texworks] About a certain TeXworks issue...

Wilson Guill?n Estrada wilson-2903 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:41:40 CEST 2020

Hello, hope you're fine.

This mail, is to ask a question about a certain issue with TeXworks 0.6.5 (the version that comes with MikTeX 2.9).

I want to be able to Comment/Uncomment text using a keyboard shortcut, but TeXworks comes with a default one, "Ctrl+Shift+[" (it changes to "]" for Uncomment). However, as my Windows OS uses a spanish keyboard, it is impossible to do that shortcut, as it requires the Shift button to make the "[" and "]" symbols.

Searching about this issue, found that the key combinations can be changed by the "config.ini" method, and I tried it (in every possible way told by the numerous websites offering that solution), to no avail.

To be honest, I don't know if there's any difference between the stand-alone TeXworks installation and the MikTeX-included TeXworks, but I really like this program as a TeX editor (it's simpler than anyone), and this aforementioned issue is annoying, so I would like to have a working solution (that doesn't involve changing the keyboard language each time I need to use TeXworks).

Thanks in advance.

----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.6.5r.649699a0
MiKTeX version   : MiKTeX 20.7 32-bit
Install location : C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX/miktex/bin/miktex-texworks.exe
Library path     : C:/Users/Wilson G. Estrada/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/TeXworks/0.6\
pdfTeX location  : C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX/miktex/bin/pdftex.exe
Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, Service Pack 1, build 7601
Qt version       : 5.15.0 (build) / 5.15.0 (runtime)