[texworks] Unwanted automatic text selection for every mouse move in v.0.6.4

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:06:16 CET 2020

Dear Alexei,

On 19.03.20 22:55, Alexei Akhmetshin wrote:
> Recently I installed the latest TeXworks version 0.6.4 on my MacPro (Cataline 10.15.3) and encountered a problem. Below is a step-by-step description. In order to resolve the issue I rolled back to TeXworks version 0.6.2, where the problem does not exist.
>
> 1. Start TeXworks, open previously existing tex file.
>
> 2. In the editor screen click in the open file, say, somewhere on line 10.
>
> 3. Make a simple mouse move (that is, use a 1-finger motion gesture on the build-in trackpad) so that it points to somewhere in line 20.
> UNWANTED RESULT: all text between lines 10 and 20 gots highlighted as if I wanted to select it.

Thanks for reporting. (Presumably) the same issue has also been reported
at https://github.com/flathub/org.tug.texworks/issues/1.
It seems this is caused by a recent change in Qt, the underlying
framework TeXworks uses for the user interface.

Could you try the latest development version from
https://bintray.com/texworks/OSX-latest/TeXworks-for-Mac%3Alatest#files
(March 20 or later should work)? Does this fix the problem?

HTH
Stefan