[texworks] [EXT] Re: How to open multiple tex files in a signle texworks window?

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 09:54:25 CET 2020

On 02/03/2020 09:25, 许优华 wrote:
> Hi, Philip and Joseph,
>
> Thanks for your reply. "Open multiple files in separate tabs of a single window" is exactly what I'm asking for. I think it would be perfect for TexWorks to supprot this feature.
>

> Best,
>
> Youhua

Hello,

I suspected you were after tabs, but I wasn't sure if you also knew
about the root directive. On tabs, one of the original design aims of
TeXworks was a very simple interface, maximising screen space for the
document. Tabs eat into that, and much the same effect is available
using multiple windows. It's of course down to Steffan et al. if they
want to add tabs, but if they do, I hope it's optional so one can have
the current behaviour if preferred.

Joseph