[texworks] Call for Help: Testing

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 22:30:06 CET 2020

Hi Andreas,

thanks a lot for testing!

On 25.02.20 08:17, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
> I noticed this new behavior:
> After starting TW, a window called 'Namenlos-1.tex' is created.
>
> Now I open my file and eyerything works fine.
>
> After my work I'm closing TW an I get a warning about 'Namenlos-1.tex'
> has been changed and should be saved. This is new.

Indeed. It was introduced by the new line spacing feature and should be
fixed now.

>> Especially users on Windows and Mac OS X I ask to check the files
>> base14-fonts.pdf and poppler-data.pdf available at
>> https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/tree/master/testcases to see if
>> they are rendered correctly (there are reference .png files there
>> for comparison). This request is related to the packaging of
>> additional files the poppler PDF engine needs to display certain
>> things (like non-embedded fonts or CJK characters).
> Could you give an advice what thing I have to do therefore?

Just download the pdfs, open them in TeXworks, and see if they look like
the corresponding .pngs.
For the poppler-data it will be very obvious if it is not rendered
correctly. For the base14-font on Windows, please pay special attention
to the "Symbol" line.

HTH,
Stefan