[texworks] Call for Help: Testing

Andreas Hirsch cursus.publicus at sacrumromanumimperium.org
Tue Feb 25 08:17:09 CET 2020

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Löffler schrieb am 23.02.2020 um 18:37:

> a new minor release (0.6.4) is around the corner, which will
> hopefully make it into TeXLive 2020. To get ready for that, I ask you
> to test the latest version of TeXworks.

I noticed this new behavior:

After starting TW, a window called 'Namenlos-1.tex' is created.

Now I open my file and eyerything works fine.

After my work I'm closing TW an I get a warning about 'Namenlos-1.tex'
has been changed and should be saved. This is new.

> Especially users on Windows and Mac OS X I ask to check the files
> base14-fonts.pdf and poppler-data.pdf available at
> https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/tree/master/testcases to see if
> they are rendered correctly (there are reference .png files there
> for comparison). This request is related to the packaging of
> additional files the poppler PDF engine needs to display certain
> things (like non-embedded fonts or CJK characters).

Could you give an advice what thing I have to do therefore?

Andreas