[texworks] Shortcut and "TW.information" broken !

Christophe Devalland christophe.devalland at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 22:43:27 CEST 2019

Le dim. 1 sept. 2019 à 14:23, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Hi,

Hi Stefan,

On 29.08.19 23:09, Christophe Devalland wrote:

> I had a lua script for several years and after I updated texworks (now
> version 0.6.3), I have two issues for this script :
>
> 1) the line :
> TW.information(parent,"foo1", "foo2")
> shows :
>
> __call: couldn't call information with the given arguments
>

> This works fine for me - what system are you using, and what is "parent"?
> Can you post a minimal working example (MWE)?

I use Linux mint 18 (I updated it a few days ago)
I don't remember why I wrote "parent" but it's the same issue with "null"
Here is a MWE :

--[[TeXworksScript
> Title: test TW.information lua
> Author: Christophe Devalland
> Version: 1
> Date: 2019-09-05
> Script-Type: standalone
> Context: TeXDocument
> Shortcut: Shift+Ctrl+C
> ]]
>
> TW.information(null,"test", "test")

I get :
[image: image.png]
ans shortcut doesn't work. If I change C to W for example, it's OK.
I already changed shortcuts.ini file before I updated texworks. This is my
shortcuts.ini :

> actionReplace =
> actionShow_Selection =

Then I don't understand why the shortcut doesn't work. Perhaps it's now a
linux mint shortcut after my update, but I didn't find such a shortcut in
the system.

I tried the same script in javascript :

> // TeXworksScript
> // Title: test TW.information JS
> // Author: Christophe Devalland
> // Version: 1
> // Date: 2019-09-05
> // Script-Type: standalone
> // Shortcut: Shift+Ctrl+C
> // Context: TeXDocument
>
> TW.information(null,"test", "test")

It's ok for the message box (but still not for the shortcut !).

 This shortcut is used by default by the new Edit > Insert Citations...
> menu item. If two actions use the same shortcut, neither is triggered as
> the system does not know which one you are aiming for.
> To work around this, either assign another shortcut to your script, or
> assign a different one to actionInsert_Citations in shortcut.ini.

I add
actionInsert_Citations = Ctrl+Shift+W
in my shortcuts.ini (and this shortcut works) but my Ctrl+shit+C still not
works :-(

Thanks for advices...
regards