[texworks] problem with TeXwork

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 23:00:58 CEST 2019

Dear Aleks,

On 31.03.19 03:29, Aleks Kleyn wrote:

> I used TeXwork to display PDF which I develop; mainly because when I
> compile PDF file, TeXwork does not prevent compilation and
> automatically refreshes PDF file. However after recent changes in
> MiKTeX, TeXwork lost this option. After compilation screen may become
> gray and in status bar I see that I watch page -1 of 0 pages. When I
> close the window and reopen it again, I see modified text. I
> appreciate any help

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce this issue so far.
Could you please describe your situation in more detail? E.g.
*) What operating system are you using? (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, ...?)
*) Does this happen on small documents? Large documents? All documents?
*) Are the documents saved in some special folder (e.g. cloud sharing
like Dropbox, network share, external disk, etc.)
*) What typesetting engine do you use?
*) Are you using "just" LaTeX or additional programs like BibTeX,
makeindex, etc.?
*) Does typesetting succeed without errors?
*) Does the window turn gray when typesetting starts, when it finishes,
in between, later?

Kind regards,