[texworks] 6.3 problem in Win10

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 23:10:14 CEST 2019

Dear David,

On 28.03.19 17:23, David J. Perry via texworks wrote:
> Yesterday I updated MikTeX 2.9 and got the new TexWorks 6.3 as part of
> that update.  It takes four minutes to open, during which Task Manager
> shows that it is using 30% of the system's memory. Once does come up,
> it becomes unresponsive if I open any file.

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce this problem so far.
A few questions (ideally, please test on the GitHub .zip (non-setup)
version):

*) Does it always take ~4 min to open, or just the first time it is
started? (which is what I noticed, though it didn't take minutes in my case)
*) Does it still take 30% memory after it has started?
*) Could you try to remove/rename the resources folder (typically under
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\TeXworks) and see if that makes any difference
*) Once it's started, can you type a new document, or does the window
freeze in that case as well? If it works, can you typeset it, too?
*) Does the freeze happen when you open a .tex file with a corresponding
.pdf file from within TeXworks (File>Open)?
*) Does the freeze happen when you open a .tex file without a
corresponding .pdf file from within TeXworks (File>Open)?
*) Does the freeze happen when you open a .pdf file from within TeXworks
(File>Open)?
*) Does the freeze happen when you double-click on a .tex file in the
explorer (if you have TeXworks associated with .tex files)

Kind regards,