[texworks] Mac OS X: request for testing

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 05:30:21 CET 2016

Hi Stefan,

I am not familiar with the JS scripting you are using, but the version of babelLanguage.js which is sitting in
	~/Library/TeXWorks/scripts/Hooks
is Version 0.3.1 with date 2012-03-20, and on line 41 there is only a comment. I don’t see what I can change there and make another test.
The first instance of the word « target » appears on line 62.

By the way, another buglet I have observed in TeXworks concerns the behaviour of window bar in each opened file: in any other Mac application, when Command-clicking the title of the window (that is the name of the file which appears in the middle of the title bar), then one has access to the folder where the file resides. In recent TeXWorks this is not the case, but I think previously this was possible (though I am not sure…).

Regarding the reasons for which I am more TeXShop oreinted, I should say that the first and main reason is probably old habits, and then the fact that TeXShop has had the time to polish things and become more and more Mac savvy. One example is for instance the printing capabilities, another one is the ability to have a sort of Time Machine on each file, which permits to go back in time to any version from the beginning of the creation of the file, and view or copy whatever source text one may have changed during the time.
Also the concept of Engines in TeXShop is very useful when one desires to use different TeX engines on one’s machine (in my case I use often the beta versions of ConTeXt, along with TeXLive).

Indeed the idea of having a cross platform TeX editor is a wonderful one, and I have been advertizing TeXWorks from the beginning.
Thank you for all the work you are doing on TeXWorks.

Best regards: OK