[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Aug 17 15:43:26 CEST 2012

stefano salon wrote, On 2012-08-17 13:12:
> Hello,
> I have a problem with compilation of the attached files, a template for
> submission to Physics of Fluids. TeXworks seems not to see the .eps file
> (also here attached).
>
> I googled a bit about this problem, seeing that it has been already
> encountered but I could not find a proper solution so far.
> Hope you could help me.
>
> Many thanks
> best

Presumably your TeXWorks is runing pdflatex, which does not support .eps
files.

convert the .eps into .pdf via, say

epstopdf file.eps

and try again

Some systems can do the conversion automatically, but I prefer to do it
by hand in case there are some errors or warnings during the conversion

--

/daleif