[texworks] Default typesetting engines (was: Message from TeXworks user)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 16:52:45 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 2012-08-17 15:44, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> Ah.  Just discovered that the default TeXworks configuration
> does not seem to include straight LaTeX (at least, my one does
> not).  A TeXworks expert will have to say more.

Yes, indeed. As Joseph pointed out, TeXworks by default only comes with
a preset of directly pdf-oriented workflows. The default list of
typesetting tools can be found in the source code at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/browse/trunk/src/TWApp.cpp#848.

FWIW, several other (more or less advanced) setups are documented at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/AdvancedTypesettingTools.

HTH