[texworks] checking spelling

Carlisle Thacker carlisle.thacker at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 11 22:06:15 CEST 2012

The system manager just installed texworks on my machine running Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 6.2 and it appears to be working fine.  Except that I
can't seem to activate the dictionary.  The files seem to be in the
right place:

[thacker at autumn ~]$ cd /usr/share/myspell/
[thacker at autumn myspell]$ ls
en_AG.aff  en_BW.dic  en_GB.aff  en_IE.dic  en_NG.aff  en_SG.dic  en_ZW.aff
en_AG.dic  en_BZ.aff  en_GB.dic  en_IN.aff  en_NG.dic  en_TT.aff  en_ZW.dic
en_AU.aff  en_BZ.dic  en_GH.aff  en_IN.dic  en_NZ.aff  en_TT.dic
en_AU.dic  en_CA.aff  en_GH.dic  en_JM.aff  en_NZ.dic  en_US.aff
en_BS.aff  en_CA.dic  en_HK.aff  en_JM.dic  en_PH.aff  en_US.dic
en_BS.dic  en_DK.aff  en_HK.dic  en_NA.aff  en_PH.dic  en_ZA.aff
en_BW.aff  en_DK.dic  en_IE.aff  en_NA.dic  en_SG.aff  en_ZA.dic

But when I go to the editor tab for texworks preferences to choose the
spell-check language, none is the only choice.

How to activate the spelling checker?

Thanks,

Carlisle