[texworks] (no subject)

Ignasi Furió ignasi.furio at uib.cat
Mon Dec 12 09:56:20 CET 2011

El Sat, 10 Dec 2011 18:31:35 +0100, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com>
vau escriure:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for testing.
> If I understood you correctly, you are using Opera as both browser and
> email client? In that case, I would be surprised if this didn't work ;).

Yes. I'm using Opera as browser and email client.

> In any case, could you put each of the links Paul provided somewhere
> else (e.g., in your favorite word processor) where you can click them to
> open in the default program? Or create some sort of link (like a link to
> a file) to the URLs? The reason is to test whether your system handles
> those links correctly, or it's just Opera doing things right internally.

I've copied into MSword and libreoffice editor. In MSWord only first
message was
recognized as link, in libreoffice first and second. Third one seems to be
to long.

Althouh they are marked as link, ctrl+click over them just moves Opera to
front if its already opened, but no new message windows appears. If Opera
is closed, it is opened and a message window is created.

> FWIW: Tw relies on Qt to handle URLs, which in turn relies on the
> registry. From browsing the Qt code, it seems it inspect the following
> keys:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\mailto\UserChoice\Progid

This key doesn't exist in my system. Under ...\Shell just have
AttachmentExecute, BagMRU, Bags and LocalizedResourceName.

> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\Shell\Open\Command

"D:\Archivos de programa\Opera\Opera.exe" "%1" (Archivos de programa means
Program Files)

> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\<progid>\Shell\Open\Command
>
> where <progid> is the value associated with the first key.
> It might be helpful to see what values those keys have on your system
> (and if they refer to Opera at all, for instance).

If you want I test anything else, just tell me.

Thank you,

Ignasi

Ignasi Furió Caldentey
Universitat de les Illes Balears
Escola Politècnica Superior
Dep. Matematiques i Informatica
Cra. Valldemossa, km. 7,5. 07122-Palma. SPAIN
tel: (34) 971.259.970    fax: (34) 971.173.003
e-mail: ignasi dot furio at uib dot cat
http://www.uib.cat