[texworks] (no subject)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 18:31:35 CET 2011

Hi,

thanks for testing.
If I understood you correctly, you are using Opera as both browser and
email client? In that case, I would be surprised if this didn't work ;).

In any case, could you put each of the links Paul provided somewhere
else (e.g., in your favorite word processor) where you can click them to
open in the default program? Or create some sort of link (like a link to
a file) to the URLs? The reason is to test whether your system handles
those links correctly, or it's just Opera doing things right internally.

FWIW: Tw relies on Qt to handle URLs, which in turn relies on the
registry. From browsing the Qt code, it seems it inspect the following keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\mailto\UserChoice\Progid
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\Shell\Open\Command
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\<progid>\Shell\Open\Command

where <progid> is the value associated with the first key.
It might be helpful to see what values those keys have on your system
(and if they refer to Opera at all, for instance).

HTH