[texworks] Are the smart quote strings configurable?

BPJ bpj at melroch.se
Mon Apr 11 13:44:51 CEST 2011

The subject line says it all, really: Are the smart quote strings
configurable? Ideally they should be configurable through the GUI
since they are language dependent: what's appropriate for English
isn't appropriate for Swedish, and other languages have other
quoting styles again. I would like to have TW's smart quoting
feature being able to turn " and ' into ” and ’, rather than
“” ‘’ while I type. Configuring the whole once and for all
deep down in a config file won't do, as I work on English
and Swedish documents about 50/50.

P.S. I've always found the TeX ligatures rather annoying and
prefer to use Unicode characters in my source, as you may have
guessed. Interestingly I feel the other way around when it
comes to -- and --- ! :-)

/bpj