[texworks] line numbers Merge and text disappears

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:56:05 CET 2011

On 3 February 2011 19:56, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Strange, I've never seen anything like that before. Is it reproducible?

Its fickle so far as I can tell yet. Seems more likely to happen to a
long document.

> On 2011-01-30 06:38, Paul A Norman wrote:
>> Ok, I turned off line numbers in Preferences and nothing repainted, so
>> I thought I'd restart TeXworks.
>>
>> Restarted Tw and re-opened document - hey the line numbers were still showing!
>>
>> So looked in preferences and the check box was un-ticked. but line
>> numbers were showing...
>
> This is strange, too - and I can't reproduce it. Did you use "Format ->
> Line Numbers"?

>  And what "lineNumbers=" value does your TeXworks.conf
> show

Dear Stefan,

I can not find that file I've looked  everywhere

 - is it the .ini   in <TeXworks>/TUG/TeXworks.ini that is one that is changing?

If so it seems to keep track ok.

However are line numbers in the current document meant to disappear
when you change the preference while in that document(?), because that
is not happening.

And is anything of this sort of action stored in TeXworks.ini  with
the encoded info in it for recent documents?

Paul

> (IIRC, you're running in portable mode, so you should have such a
> settings file).

Yes I'm using portable.