[texworks] line numbers Merge and text disappears

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 09:13:38 CET 2011

Just to confirm - I can turn off line numbers in a previously saved
document (call it "X" here) which is showing its line numbers.

It still shows its line numbers during the current session.

All new files created simply with File/ New will correctly not have
line numbers.

Edit/preferences correctly shows line numbers as un-ticked

I can then Quit TeXworks.

Re-start TeXworks.

Reopen my document called "X" and it still shows line numbers, but
Edit/preferences still shows line numbers as un-ticked.

File/New documents as expected do not have line numbers.

Paul