[texworks] \includegraphics prlem with xelatex on Mac Ox

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jul 9 17:41:38 CEST 2010

On Jul 9, 2010, at 10:12 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 9 juil. 2010 à 16:08, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
>
>> Are you building TeXworks from the repository? I definitely see no figure and only one page of output within TeXworks' pdf preview even though the figure is definitely there. I hope TeXworks isn't dynamically picking up some old poppler library left over from the early versions of TeXworks before it was statically linked.
>
> No, it's build 0.3r567 from the TeXworks download page.
>
> Did you make sure you moved manually to the second page in the Preview window? Contrary to TeXShop, TeXworks doesn't do continuous scrolling, which fools me at times.
>
> Here I definitely see the figure on the second page in the Preview window:
>
> <Capture d’écran 2010-07-09 à 17.03.00.png>
>
> As for the poppler library, I don't have any on my Mac except for the one built in TeXworks.app.
>
> Bruno

Howdy,

Sigh... you are absolutely correct. I'm really not used to not have scrolling pages automatically. The figure on page 2 is, indeed, showing when I switch to that page.

I do seem to remember a problem early on with a xetex.def file of some sort (for the graphic(s/x) package I assume) in the TL2009 package. That's why I suggested an attempt to update using TLU or tlmgr (maybe it will work to get the system up to the last frozen state).

If the OP wants to try out TL2010 pretest (NOTE it is not released yet) take a look at <http://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest> and then, if you've want to try it, go to one of the repositories listed at <http://www.tug.org/texlive/mirmon/> to download the last MacTeX pretest installer there (~1.6GB). Make sure to update the installation using TeX Live Utility (update that first) and using the repository used to get the MacTeX installer above.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)