[texworks] Cached version of .sty being used?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 28 20:42:49 CEST 2010

On 28 Jun 2010, at 10:28, Stefan Löffler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 2010-06-28 03:37, schrieb Paul A Norman:
>> Yesterday I made repeated changes to an .sty and they were never
>> reflected in the output .pdf, either poplar or acrobat reader.
>>
>> I checeked the date stamp on the .sty and it was updating with ewach
>> save, I even monitored it from another editor, and the changes were in
>> the saved version.
>>

> This is strange indeed. I never noticed it, and couldn't reproduce now
> either.
> * Can you reproduce it?
> * If so, does the problem persist when you run pdflatex from the
> command line (without closing Tw, though)?
> * Where was the .sty file located? (custom file in the same directory
> as the .tex, custom file in a local texmf tree, official file in the/a
> system-wide texmf tree, ...)

I don't see how this could happen in quite the way described. My guess is that you may have two copies of the .sty file in different places, and were editing one, but the latex run was using a different one.

(Did you also check that the pdf was in fact being recreated? If the run was failing in some way, then it wouldn't change.)

JK