[texworks] German translation

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 09:39:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-06-27 01:33, schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
> On 26 June 2010 Peter Wüsten wrote:
>
>  > Am Samstag, den 26.06.2010, 18:03 +0200 schrieb Stefan Löffler:
>  > > Most of the new strings could be translated in a fairly
>  > > straight-forward
>  > > way, with one exception:
>  > > "Scripting TeXworks" (found in the "Scripts" menu)
>  >
>  > How about "Skripte"? Simple, elegant, no anglicisms, etc.
>
> This was my first thought too.  But as Stefan alraedy said, the phrase
> "Scripting TeXworks" in in an entry of the "Scripts" menu.  And this
> menu item opens a sub-menu containing "Manage Scripts".

Yeah, "Scripts" in all its variations is used pretty often. Having all
those menu items called "Skripte" (without variations) would be very
monotonic and everything but intuitive.

> Because I don't see any way to translate "Scripting TeXworks" to
> German reasonably, please consider this proposal:
>
> "Scripts" => "Skripte" (in the menu bar)
> "Scripting TeXworks" => "...verwalten" (means: to manage)

Yeah, I guess we should go with the "Verwalten", though I think it
wouldn't look too bad even without the ellipses (\ldots). I'd just like
to see if Jonathan wants to change this in the English version as well
(to something like manage or organize) before I post the updated
translation file.

Thanks for the help!