[texworks] SCRIPTS: insert cross-reference

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon May 10 07:33:08 CEST 2010

Dear Paul,

Am 2010-05-09 11:03, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> Aware that you and Jonathan are looking at calling Script functions
> from C++, is there anything about the way I write Scripts that needs
> to be improved to fit with planned developments?

Hmm, I don't think so. This should be fairly transparent. Of course, in
the end you need to be wrapping your code into functions that can be
called, but this shouldn't take too much work. Other than that, I think
the current script types (standalone, hook) will still be supported as
they are just so easy for script developers. Current plans see an
additional script type (Jonathan proposed "library" on GC, IIRC). That
will require all code to be wrapped in functions and to call some TW
initialization routines. But all of this is just in our heads ATM ;).

> Also is http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=221&can=5#c13
> looking stable, or should I wait for future development before
> designing Qt dialogues please?

It looks fairly stable to me, and it's already in the official
repository (since r627). This means we're not going to remove it again
lightly. It also means that it's not yet available to people who use
prebuilt binaries on Windows/Mac (we're still at r567 there).

-Stefan