[texworks] Toolbar button to open PDF with system default program

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:53:18 CET 2009

Hi,

this is all a bit off-topic here, but my answers are short anyway ;).

Benny Lautrup schrieb:
> 1) May I suggest that the TeXWorks editor is provided with file tabs, so that it can contain several files at once.

This is already on our list (issue 182). I guess there won't be much
work on this until we seriously start working on project support, though.

> 2) May I also suggest that it becomes possible to specify the width of the editor window, so that it doesn't cover all of the screen (this is not convenient when using modern wide screens).

Also on the list (150). Actually, I've done some work for this already,
but it hasn't made it into the code yet because Jonathan didn't have
time to look over it and comment on it, yet.

> 3) It would also be nice if one could print pdf directly from TeXWorks.

You may have guessed it already, that's on our list, too (78).
Unfortunately, this is not supported natively by poppler/Qt, and working
around that is quite non-trivial. Again, some work has gone into this
already, but it's still far from a state where we could consider adding
it to the regular sources.

> By the way: I love TeXWorks and have now given up using WinEdt with MikTeX. Good work!

Thanks. That's great to hear :).

-Stefan