[texworks] Errors during compilation

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:33:45 CET 2009

On 12 Mar 2009, at 10:10, Alain Delmotte wrote:

> Hello Stefan,
>
> I downloaded the last version this morning (280, but given as 273 in
> the about TeXworks option of the Help menu -- where is this info
> written, in which file?)

src/SvnRev.h

Sorry, that doesn't get automatically updated with every check-in. I'm
not sure if there's a mechanism that would do this; currently, I have
a little "refresh the number" script that I can run, but I don't
remember to do it for every change.

> It compiles but I get many new warnings (see attached log -- sorry
> it is in French, but understandable).

Mostly from the synctex.c file; that hasn't been updated lately, so if
the warnings are "new" for you, I'd guess you are using a different
compiler version or different options in some way.

I've just committed a change that will eliminate the warning in
TeXDocument.cpp (yes, that was a mistake, although harmless), and also
updated the revision number.

> There are menu items I can not translate as they do not appear in
> the .ts file:
> in Format / Auto-indent mode Whitespace only/TeX comments/dtx prefixes
> and Format / Smart Quotes TeX ligatures/TeX commands/Unicode
> parameters

Right, these are not in TeXworks_??.ts because they're not part of the
built-in TeXworks interface; they come from the configuration files
that set up the auto-indent and smart-quotes modes. You could replace
those config files with your own versions using French names if you
wish.

Currently, there's no mechanism in place to provide multiple-language
names for these things, so that they would change dynamically when you
switch languages in Prefs, like the built-in menu items etc.

JK