[texshop] The Latexmk Based Engines

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Mar 20 16:55:47 CET 2022

Howdy,

The latexmk based engines in TeXShop have used an internal copy of John Collins' latexmk Perl script since they were introduced. This was originally done because latexmk was not part of TeX Live at the time and, most likely, other TeX Distributions folks were using.

TeX Live has included latexmk for quite a few years now and I wonder if other TeX Distributions folks are using also include it or not. If so I am thinking of switching the latexmk based engines to use the version of latexmk in the distribution. That way TeXShop, or at least ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines, wouldn't need to be updated when there is an update to latexmk.

I'd appreciate any information you folks can supply on the presence of latexmk in other TeX Distributions; I already know about TeX Live.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
herbs at wideopenwest.com