[texshop] TeXShop 4.18

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sat Dec 1 21:07:45 CET 2018

Since Sparkle is somebody else's software, I can enjoy this thread without having to do something about it.

Justin wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Justin C. Walker <justin at me.com> wrote:
>

> "TeXShop can't be updated, because it was opened from a read-only or a temporary location. Use Finder to copy TeXShop to the Applications folder, relaunch it from there, and try again.”
>
> Never saw that before.  I then quit TeXShop and renamed it to the original, and tried again.  Same error.

 Let me add a second data point. In my home directory, I keep a folder with a complete record of all TeXShop updates. The folder associated with a particular update contains all the files uploaded to create the update. Among these are four or five html files, TeXShop in a zip file, and the source code in a zip file.

The full path to such a texshop zip file would look like this:

	/Users/koch/updates/4.15/texshop-64/texshop415.zip

After each update, I specifically test Sparkle by going to a previous update folder, unzipping the texshop.zip file, and updating that version of texshop. These tests would take place in the above folder (or the similar folder for a different version).

For version 2018, I updated TeXShop 2.15 to see if full downloads worked, and I also updated TeXShop 2.17 to see if small delta updates worked. Both updates succeeded without error.

Dick Koch