Can't open the .tex file with the Chinese characters in the directory name

Zihao Pang its.zihaopang at gmail.com
Tue May 21 22:14:51 CEST 2024

Hi TeXnical support,

I just installed the latest TeXworks v0.6.9. When I open the .tex file, it
shows a note saying "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax
is incorrect" (see enclosed).

I must say in the directory name there are indeed some Chinese characters.
But in my other computer where I used the TeXworks v0.6.1 that was released
in 2016, there is no problem when opening the file with the Chinese in the
directory name.

I was wondering what happened on the latest TeXworks and how I can fix this
for the latest version? Many thanks!

Best,
Zihao
[image: Screenshot 2024-05-21 230000.png]