unquoted titles in Biblatex

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Wed May 8 21:45:57 CEST 2024

Hello. I find myself having to fiddle around with formatting the
reference list for a journal submission. I'm using biblatex on Windows
10. One of the requirements is unquoted titles.  I found this:

\DeclareFieldFormat[article,inbook,incollection,inproceedings,patent,thesis,unpublished]{title}{#1}

here:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/94089/remove-quotes-from-inbook-reference-title-with-biblatex

It has the desired effect.

By contrast,

\DeclareFieldFormat{title}{#1}

does not. I'm curious whether there is a way to tell LaTeX/Biblatex that
I want that line in my preamble to apply to every reference type,
without having to list them all in the brackets.

Or is there a better way altogether to do this?

Thanks.

--Chris Ryan