Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour

Keiran Harcombe kjh at harcombe.net
Tue Sep 27 13:17:45 CEST 2022

>> From: "Ulrike Fischer"<news3 at nililand.de>
>> To:tex-live at tug.org
>> Cc:texhax at tug.org
>> Subject: Re: Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour
>>
>> Am Tue, 27 Sep 2022 12:05:49 +0200 schrieb Christopher Dimech:
>>
>>> Would you have required reference from authority source to the Jews you
>>> found as you entered the extermination camps in German-occupied Europe.
>>> Or reference from the people who sufferred frem the Soviet Gulag System.
>> Misusing the horror of the extermination camps to make a petty
>> argument against a software is inacceptable and disrespectful to the
>> victims of these camps.

Christopher, this is not the forum to be talking about extermination
camps in any circumstances. It is way off topic from the initial
discussion on Zoom and free software alternatives. I do understand the
point you are making in regards to the use of alternatives but not when
it comes to the atrocities that happened at these camps.

I would ask that you apologise for your comments on this list and
refrain from using these in the future

Keiran