TeX Hour: Thu 27 Oct: Fun and games with Git and Fossil: 6:30 - 7:30pm BST (UK time)

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:29:13 CEST 2022

Hi

Tomorrow's TeX Hour is "Fun and games with Git and Fossil".

Git is the version control system developed by Linus Torvalds to host the
development of Linux. Famously, Torvalds says he developed only two pieces
of software and he named them both after themself. These items are Linux
and Git.

Fossil SCM deserves to be better known. Richard Hipp developed both SQLite
and Fossil (and named neither after himself). The one is ‘SQL for the
browser’ and the other an ‘all-in-one’ platform for version control, bug
tracking and wiki. Fossil hosts SQLite development.

In this TeX Hour I’ll show you some of the unusual things I’m doing with
Git (such as using it solely as an object store) and what I’ve discovered
between now and then about Fossil.