Tex code in TUG page

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Fri Jul 22 03:23:57 CEST 2022

On 2022-07-21 at 12:11:22 -0700, Paulo Ney de Souza wrote:

 > Hi Kaveh,
 >
 > It has been remarked by a number of people. It is being fixed.

Hi Paulo,
instead of providing a quick workaround now it would be more useful to
think about a better solution for next year, if necessary or desirable
at all.

As TeX users we are accustomed those TeX control sequences anyway
because we use them daily.  Replacing \texttt{siunitx} by
<tt>siunitx</tt> just makes the HTML file *look* better.

But for blind TeX users what we have now is even much more useful than
anything else one could imagine because they can read the markup
information on their Braille display.  They will not get this
information if \texttt{siunitx} is replaced by <tt>siunitx</tt>.  So
I'm not convinced that a "fix" makes everybody happy.

Thus my recommendation is to leave things as they are now, at least
for the time being.  I've seen TeX macros in previous TUG conference
schedules too and nobody complained.  I don't understand why it's a
problem now.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25