retractions in bibtex entries,

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 19:36:44 CET 2022

On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 09:22:39PM -0500, Thomas Schneider wrote:
> Mike:
>
> > Thanks. Actually this is what I should try first but I checked the
> > file and wget could not find the server ?!?!?!?.
>
> I switched to curl since that's part of macOS.
>
> > I have noticed
> > several times lately that the pubmed links seem to be slow
> > and go to the fetchpage handlers instead of using eutils but I
> > don't usually check. WTH it would have DNS problems is beyond me-
> > in the past the PMCID was not found on very recent articles
> > so I assumed it may just be flakey at the NCBI.
> > You link worked right away, no idea why mine are having DNS and https
> > errors to their server. I am using lynx or wget.
>
> They changed things recently for the eutils, but I have not noticed
> any speed problem with NCBI for some years.

Sorry, what I meant was the bibtex lookup was slow because
the "fast" eutils lookup was failing and so it had to get the html
and scrape it. All TooBib does is invoke my "eutilsnew" script which
AFAICT has worked ok alone. No idea why it was failing enough
to notice in TooBib other than the DNS lookup ( I just added
8.8.8.8 to resolv.conf at a different ISP as I had a troublesome
web page fail to load here ).

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox