retractions in bibtex entries,

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 10 17:50:51 CET 2022

I get pubmed search updates and sometimes there is a retraction
notice included. Updates like this can be a problem.
This paper was recently retracted,

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35815265/

in the past, I had run into cases where the default toobib
entry did not pickup a retraction in cases where Zotero
may but I could eventually find it- it looks like publisher
html gets updated before doi entries if those ever get updated.

This one however neither Zotero nor TooBib picked up.
The TooBib "-all" flag however did find a retraction keyword
in one entry. I'm not sure if Zotero has a mode like this
as they seem to have one handler for each domain or something
similar. Anyway, TooBib had to scrape the html in a very
liberal way to get the "Retracted" keyword. Someone like Zotero
may want to include this. For TooBib, when I am looking for
retractions for now I will just run the "-all" mode
and use a fancy grep :) It looks like the bibtex collection
contains binary and I need to use grep -a :)

grep -i "etrac\|handler"  xxxx
% mjmhandler: toobib handledoi(crossref)
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handledoi(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handledoi(crossref)
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handledoi(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handledoi(crossref)
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handledoi(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handledoixml ( quality i=0 szr=8 goods=1 )(crossref)
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handledoixml ( quality i=0 szr=8 goods=1 )(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handlepdfstrings(crossref)
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlepdfstrings(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleadhochtml<-citation
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handleadhochtml},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleadhochtml<-og
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handleadhochtml},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleadhochtml<-all
keywords = {pmid:35815265, PMC9262527, doi:10.1155/2022/1889628, Retracted Publication, Hui Zhang, Jianchun Xian, Lu Wang, PubMed Abstract, NIH, NLM, NCBI, National Institutes of Health, National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE},
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handleadhochtml},
% mjmhandler: toobib handlegsmeta(scraper)
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlegsmeta(scraper)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handlegsmeta(html)
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlegsmeta(html)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleheadless<-handledoi
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handledoi(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleheadless<-handlepdf
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlepdf (binscrape)(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleheadless<-handlepdf
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlepdf (pdftotext bin)(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleheadless<-handlepdftext
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlepdftext (pdftotext)(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleheadless<-handlepdftext
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlepdftext (pdftotext)(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleheadless<-handlepdfstrings
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlepdfstrings(crossref)},

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox
marchywka at hotmail.com