[External] Re: Installing TeX Live on Windows 7, potential problems

Beuthe, Thomas thomas.beuthe at cnl.ca
Tue May 25 19:35:21 CEST 2021

UNRESTRICTED / ILLIMITÉE
Philip added:
>Estimated time to completion on my Fujitsu Celsius W550 (i7, 16GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 32TB disc farm) is around three hours, installing from a 16GB >USB stick onto which has been unpacked the complete TeX Collection ISO.
>USB Device Tree Viewer V3.5.2 shews the USB stick as being connected to a USB 2.0 MTT Hub under an Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host >Controller.  Installing is taking place to the M2 SSD.
In past years, the complete installation would take way less than an hour. Ok, the overall package has grown, but not by a factor of 2x-4x I think.
I somehow get this creepy feeling that the perl unpacker is lagging or something. Hard to tie down.
It just used to me so much faster. Or maybe I'm just getting older? :-)
This email is confidential between the sender and the intended recipient specified in the message, and may contain proprietary or otherwise protected information of the intended parties. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and confirm you have deleted this message. Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.