Interference between atbegshi and hyperref when producing table of contents headings on every page of TOC

Beuthe, Thomas thomas.beuthe at cnl.ca
Wed Feb 12 22:58:21 CET 2020

UNRESTRICTED / ILLIMITÉE
> Nobody expect "them" to do. Such headers are automatic. You only
> need to ensure that the \tableofcontents/\listoffigures code issues
> the correct code for the headers and that they set the pagestyle
> correctly. You can do this in the code of the template.
>
> > Just a simple and automatic method that still allows them
> > full normal control over the placement of the TOC, LOF, LOT in the normal way.
>
> > So unfortunately I have to go with this. I will take my lumps if something goes wrong,
>
> This doesn't make sense. You will have to add code and adapt the
> template to get the functionality.
>
> There is no difference if you use headers or atbegshi here. The only
> difference is that the header code will work without breaking other
> stuff.

Alright, you have convinced me!

So perhaps this dicsussion thread is at a good lesson for anyone else looking
at implementing this type of capability in their document or template.
All other solutions I found somehow always suggested messing
around with atbegsgi to implement this capability so I didn't even think
of using headers to do the job. By overloading \tableofcontents, \listoffigures,
and \listoftables this should not be a problem...

Thanks again for your help and advice,
Thomas
This email is confidential between the sender and the intended recipient specified in the message, and may contain proprietary or otherwise protected information of the intended parties. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and confirm you have deleted this message. Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.