[texhax] Little Languages and diaries

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sat May 19 02:44:42 CEST 2018

I'm not entirely sure what little languages are but I have been using tex to create
a diet diary that I later need to parse and graph.  There is no money involved but
vitamins coudl just as easily be money...
So, I have to be consistent
about my nominally free form entries. I enter them into a tex table rather than a csv
file since that is my primary "lab notebook" document.  I ended up picking a simple
adjective-noun restriction, a simple macro syntax and wrote c++ code to parse it but was curious if there
is a general solution somewhere.  This has worked well compared to taking
each day's meal notes and trying to use a GUI to put them into a DB and then get
them back out etc. The c++ parse picks up entry errors as well as a GUI and
has other benefits.  In theory I could enter them into a cell phone in the kitchen but
I just use "vi" on a laptop. I think I asked about this on some other forum but got no responses.

note new address
 Mike Marchywka 306 Charles Cox Drive Canton, GA 30115
 2295 Collinworth  Drive Marietta GA 30062.  formerly 487 Salem Woods Drive Marietta GA 30067 404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message 989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency