[texhax] The "Fontspec" package : load font at specific size with dimension

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Feb 28 19:06:57 CET 2017

Am Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:32:01 +0000 schrieb Philip Taylor:

> can I /load/ the font at (e.g.,) 12.2pc so that I can use it at that size thereafter without requiring a \fontsize command ?

You are thinking in plain tex. Don't care so much about the
technical details how a font is loaded, think about how you want to
*use* it. Don't forget that LaTeX is about semantic markup.

If you want to use the 12.2pc font as the default size of the
document, you should redefine \normalsize.

If you want it only in special places you can define your own font
command:

\newcommand\myspecialsize{\fontsize{12.2pc}{13.2pc}\selectfont}

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/