[texhax] Where does package doclicense live in TeXLive?

Gordon Haverland ghaverla at materialisations.com
Tue Mar 10 22:01:58 CET 2015

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:21:41 -0600
Gordon Haverland <ghaverla at materialisations.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:09:35 -0600
> Gordon Haverland <ghaverla at materialisations.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 13:58:37 -0600
> > Gordon Haverland <ghaverla at materialisations.com> wrote:
> >
> > > tlmgr to install it
> >
> > Figures.  Gentoo doesn't provide tlmgr, and comments about it say
> > "tlmgr wrecks the distribution" (paraphrased).  Their alternative is
> > app-portage/g-ctan.  So, I will try that.
>
> Impossible.  The only version of g-ctan is 2011.1  And it won't
> install into texlive-2012.
>
> Do people still manually install packages?

Well, the document compiles.  Something more than running texhash is
needed to get everything working in the "system" places it seems.  But
it does put a nice Creative Commons thing in the document.

I typically run CPAN outside of the distribution, so when I next
re-install Linux I will consider putting TeXLive on its own.

Thanks for the help.
Gord