[texhax] Draft copy of book on LaTeX

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 21:26:44 CEST 2014

I have compiled a set of notes entitled "Applied LaTeX for Economists,
Social Scientists and Others". These notes can be downloaded from
http://ideas.repec.org/p/tcd/tcduee/tep0214.html. The abstract to the set
of notes reads -

This document provides an introduction to LaTeX for Economists, Social
Scientists and those in similar disciplines. While LaTeX is of particular
interest to those preparing documents containing some mathematics, tables
or graphs its typesetting facilities can also benefit those preparing
documents containing only textual material. The document emphasizes the use
of a modern interface such as TeXstudio which simplifies the use of LaTeX.
The document also contains details as to how other software such as
statistical/econometric packages, spreadsheet, word-processing and graphics
programs may be used in conjunction with LaTeX.

The set of notes can be regarded as a preliminary version of a book which
reflects my own use of LaTeX over many years and that of other colleagues
that I have introduced to or helped with LaTeX. I would welcome any
comments on the document.

Best Regards

John C Frain

Economics Department