[texhax] Creating labels from excel sheets

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 20:46:10 CET 2014

What I have made good experience was to directly use Excel without
exporting to CSV.

Just assume you have data in the cells A1 and B1 like in the attached
graphics. Using Excel formulas you can simply generate the LaTeX code.

I use in the German Excel "Zeichen(10)" to create a line break, I'd expect
the English function name to be something like "character(10)". After that
I simply copy all rows to my TeX editor and remove the " via search/replace.

Normally I use this functionality to maintain lists of captions in Excel,
in you case it could work as well.

Uwe