[texhax] Line width and 66 characters per line

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Aug 28 16:26:36 CEST 2014

Ron RJF Fehd wrote:

> I am interested to know when the paragraph marker
> changed from an indent to an extra line
> which encloses a paragraph in white space.

I do not believe that it ever has.  In most well-designed
non-technical books (i.e., books for reading, containing
continuous prose), the indented par. (after the first par.
of each new section) is indented, typically by between
one and two em.  On the web, however, and in technical
books where the prose is anything but continuous, inter-
par. vertical white space is the norm.

Philip Taylor