[texhax] Latin Modern Math missing \propto?

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon Jan 21 23:31:59 CET 2013

Am Sonntag, den 13.01.2013, 15:17 +0100 schrieb Arno Trautmann:
> I just had to notice that the Latin Modern Math font seems to lack the
> \propto sign on my machine:
>
> \documentclass{minimal}
> \usepackage{unicode-math}
> \setmathfont{Latin Modern Math}
> % \setmathfont{Asana Math}
> \begin{document}
> $a \propto b$
> \end{document}
>
> This code prints only “a  b”, the \propto is missing. Using the Asana
> Math, everything is fine.
>
> I'm using latest TL 2012, just updated, with
>
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.2-2012052410 (TeX Live 2012)
>
> The log files states that
>
> </home/texlive2012/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/lm-math/latinmodernmath-regular.otf>
>
> is loaded. Can anyone reproduce or is this known?

Just thinking again of this posting, when reading the mail
(probably to Arno as well) asking who from around Heidelberg
will attend the next meeting.

Well, I have the \propto with Latin Modern under pdfTeX with
Debian pieces of TeX Live probably 2009. A lot is very different
here, I am far away from understanding those font technologies.
My TeX system may be too old to reproduce bugs properly.
A few months ago I could not reproduce a bug because a recent
LaTeX bugfix was missing here ...

Cheers,

    Uwe.