[texhax] LaTeX-TeX Live 2009

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 22:41:12 CEST 2012

2012/7/25 Pfeffer Washek <washek at q.com>

> Dear Sir/Madam:
>
> I am using LaTeX on TeX-Live 2009 program.  Recently, I started to have
> the following problem.
>
> I make a mistake that stops compiling (such as "undefined control
> sequence").  I correct it and click Typset again.  A new error message
> appears, which is not to anything I typed, and which I do not know how to
> correct.  I must discard the .aux file to start new compiling.
>
> Could you be so kind as to help me to correct this problem.  I am only a
> mathematician and not very proficient with computers.  If you prefer to
> call me, my home phone number is (520) 297-7755, and I am at home most of
> the time.
>
> Thank you, and best regards.
>
> Washek Pfeffer

Dear Washek,

unfortunately none will be able to help you with your problem unless you
give a detailed explanation of the problem you encounter. LaTeX is quite a
complex system and thus your input may generate quite different errors.

The best you can do is to create a MWE, a minimal working example (see
http://www.minimalbeispiel.de/mini-en.html), that shows the error or
problem. In most cases you will find the bug yourself when creating the
example file.

TeX Live 2009 is also completely outdated, the current version is TeX Live
2012. If the problem you encounter is indeed caused by an error in a
stylefile there is a good chance that it has been fixed in later versions.
So please consider upgrading your TeX Live installation. :-)

Uwe

--
Uwe Ziegenhagen
<http://www.uweziegenhagen.de>