[texhax] multicol and vertical spaces

Christian Pleul chrisptex at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:59:50 CET 2011

Hello,

I am writing a paper and use the multicol package with 2 columns. Within the columns I place some images (2 on 2 pages, each about 3 cm hight). On first as well on the second page, I get (too) big spaces between the sections and subsections.

Is there way to avoid these kind of spaces. I tried not balancing the columns, but that does not work for the 1. and  2. page. It just does not balancing the columns on the last, the 3. page.

Thanks in advance,
--
	Christian

-The next generation of interesting software will be done on the Macintosh, not the IBM PC.-

Bill Gates, Nov 1984