[texhax] texhax Digest, Vol 2010, Issue 57

hh-brasil at bol.com.br hh-brasil at bol.com.br
Tue Feb 9 15:42:20 CET 2010

Did you update the TeX contents each time?
(texhash)

hh

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:26:28 +0800
From: Eric Abrahamsen
To: texhax at tug.org
Subject: [texhax] can't find input file?

I've been working on a tex file recently that makes use of two style
files, one of which loads the other. I want to use these style files
for other tex files, so this morning I tried putting them some place
on my system where they'd be located automatically by my latex
installation (I'm using MacTex 2009).

I can't be sure, but it seems like as soon as I moved the style files,
I started getting the error that LaTeX couldn't find my input file
(called "northern.tex" in this case). Not that it couldn't find my
style files, but the input file itself. I assumed the error message
was borked somehow and continued moving the style files to various
places around my system and messing with environment variables.

Nothing worked.