[texhax] Obtain the page Layout parameters for a specific page.

Pierre MacKay pierre.mackay at comcast.net
Wed May 6 08:21:29 CEST 2009

hongyi.zhao at gmail.com wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>When I write my phd thesis, I want to obtain the page layout
>parameters, i.e., foot margin, top margin, and so on,  for a specific
>page, such as the titlepage, the fifth Page, and so on.  What
>command(s) should I use to achieve this goal?
>
>Thanks in advance.

I hope this doesn't seem too obvious, but what I would do is deposit all of
these values in variables, and \message the variables to the log file so
that
I could read them later on out of the log file.

In fact, that is just I do with most such variables, except for "absolutes"
such as crop dimensions and page dimensions, which go into comments at
the head of
the file.    I am often surprised by how often my somewhat leaky memory
needs
to pop to the top of the source file to retrieve such values.

Pierre MacKay