[texhax] Problem with chapterbib

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Mon Mar 30 10:33:09 CEST 2009

> I am writing my thesis and came across a problem with using
> the chapterbib package.
>
> My problem is, with the chapterbib package, I manage to have
> a list of references at the end of each chapter, but the
> \cite command doesn't seem to work properly. I get a
> "question mark" (?) wherever I have a citation on all the
> chapters except in the last chapter. Should I use someother
> command instead of \cite when using chapterbib? I am a
> beginner to latex, and am using a PhD dissertation template
> written by someone else.
>
> I would be very grateful to you if you could help me resolve
> this problem.

I know this is not the reply most people want, but it really does help to
read the manual.

Anyway, with chapterbib you need to run BibTeX on each file that is
\include'd and tha contains citations and then, of course, run LaTeX twice.
Other than this, it's hard to imagine what you might be doing wrong.

Cheers,  Phil