[texhax] Adding packages to mactex (TeXshop)

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Mar 26 23:18:08 CET 2009

On  26 Mar, 2009, at 09:32, Uwe Lück wrote:

> I wondered why it is not in TeXLive. Answer ...
>
>> Christine Largouët wrote:
>>
>>> However I have a problem to insert a new package "floatfig" to
>>> define floating figures

[...]

> And I wondered why it is not in TeXLive. Answer seems to be (cf.
> ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/bytopic.html and
> ctan.tug.org/pkg):
>
> floatfig is obsolete, doesn't work with LaTeX2e, superseded by
> floatflt,  which *is* in TeXLive.

No, unfortunately no, or not any more ---I guess it's not ``free'' as
required by TL.

> There are also wrapfig and picinpar (picins seems to be missing as
> well).

What I've been happily using for quite some time is wrapfig, which I
learned to use in The LaTeX Companion, 2nd ed, because you don't get
much documentation ---part in the package itself and part in

/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/latex/wrapfig/multiple-span.txt

Best,

Axel