[texhax] LaTeX : Section opening recto, verso blank

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 15 22:56:57 CET 2009

My thanks to all who offered suggestions; sadly we don't
yet seem to have arrived at a solution !  As one or two
of my correspondents were not sure exactly what I was
setting out to achieve, I attach a PDF spread illustrating
the problem.

The section on Incunabula finishes verso, at p.~134;
the section on Cryptographs commences recto, at p.~135.
Because of the ugliness of the two when seen side-by-side,
I would like the code to detect that the Incunabula
section has finished verso, and to cause the section
on Cryptographs to commence recto not on p.~135 as at
present, but rather on p.~137  In fact, I would even
settle for the section on Cryptographs starting verso
on p.~136 (i.e., sections can open verso), so long
as chapters continue to open recto.

Philip TAYLOR