[texhax] MS-Word to LaTeX conversion program

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Wed Mar 11 18:22:40 CET 2009

[I've only just realised that you sent a CC to the list. So here is my
response to your question to the list once more.]

Tom Schneider schrieb:

>> OOo can import doc files and export LaTeX. You should save the doc
>> file as ODT from OOo before exporting to LaTeX.
>
> Why should one save as ODT?

It's the native format of OOo. Exporting to LaTeX works without saving
to ODT beforehand, of course. But the ODT file is what writer2latex
works on. And there is no LaTeX import, vice versa. So if you need to
change anything you should recur to the ODT.

> I've added this information to
> http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/latex.html

...which I have, in return, added to

http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/bytopic.html#biology