[texhax] Transparency or reduced saturation using Graphicx ?

Andree Jacobson andree at unm.edu
Fri Mar 6 07:36:18 CET 2009

Another option is to use ImageMagick from the command line so that it
can be scripted or put in a make file for processing multiple images.
For example, the command:

convert +level-colors gray23,white abr-ekklhsias.pdf lighterVersion.pdf

replaces the color black with gray23 (r=59,g=59,b=59) and makes a
linear transformation to white.
And you can antialias, apply filters, etc.

Convert accepts pretty much any image format you can dream up both as
inputs and outputs.

More info on the color mapping at:
   http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/color/#gamma
   (Check for "Level Adjustment by Color" about 1/3 down the page)

Best,
   Andree